Autor Thema: Yugoslav "spray" pattern  (Gelesen 2265 mal)

Offline alyosa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Рядовой
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Profil anzeigen
Yugoslav "spray" pattern
« am: 13:52, Sa 04. Sep. 2010 »
Hello!

Again, I hope you don't mind if i write in english :)

Not really russian/soviet, but EastBloc at least. I'll show you the Yugoslav spray pattern, as used by paratroopers and scouts of the ex Yugoslav National Army.
To start of with a picture of the pattern;

The suit is desingned as an oversuit for use by scouts and other special forces units, and as a primary uniform for use by paratroopers (pictures will do a better job at describing that). The paratrooper version is really rare, so this is the oversuit. The pattern, however, is identical.

So, the kit consists of upper and lower part (very bagy), gloves and a carrying bag. The suit is made of very lightweight material, but the pattern is printed on, so the uniform is very very hot to wear. The suit has openings for access for pockets on the primary uniform. The uniform also has sewn on "pockets" (similar to the KLMK oversuit) for adding camouflage material). The enigma of these uniforms is the origin of the material itself.

1) The pattern was supplied to Yugoslavia by East Germany, as a part of war damages payments.
2) The pattern was desingned in Yugoslavia by the Miltary Academy in Beograd (the capital of ex Yugoslavia)

Can't really say which one is more true, and probaly no one can. So to finish this post, a couple of pictures in use;

Paratroopers wearing the uniform cut - look at the trophy weapons :)

Picture of an Tertitorial Defense (kind of a National Guard thing) special forces from the late 80's. What's interesting is the vest used - i presume they are of american origin, because in the late 80's, the Teritorial Defense made some purchases in the USA, mainly the Ingram SMG's.

So that's that. Any questions are welcome :)

Best regards, Aljosa

Offline Jay

• Капитан
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 226
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Airsoftclub Eisenstadt
Re:Yugoslav "spray" pattern
« Antwort #1 am: 13:55, Sa 04. Sep. 2010 »
Very nice, thank you a lot!
Are such Oversuits available nowadays? Or are they all "used up"?

(Do you have more Camouflage patterns? If so, i would make a subsection for it)

Offline alyosa

• Рядовой
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Yugoslav "spray" pattern
« Antwort #2 am: 13:57, Sa 04. Sep. 2010 »
They aren't that rare, they pop up time to time, for reasnoble prices (40 to 50€). I only have another yugo pattern, the yellow branch, I'll post it later today. So probably no need for a subsection, but thanks anyway  :)

Aljosa