Autor Thema: Report: Festung Europa 31.10.2010. - PIC HEAVY  (Gelesen 3811 mal)

Offline khumche

• Genosse
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • AU Pravda, Zagreb
    • Profil anzeigen
Report: Festung Europa 31.10.2010. - PIC HEAVY
« am: 12:43, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
Hey guys,

here's a quick report about a fight we had last weekend. The game was invite only, limited only to themed teams... So there were no AKs with magpul s*it on them, no G36s combined with MARPAT etc.

The scenario:
Games in Pula are following a scenario that started 2 years ago (IIRC). It's based on an alternative future (5-10 years from now) where the European Union got a bit mad and started doing some semi-nazi stuff. So the teams are as follows: NEU (Neu Europa) forces - Germans, Italians, Brits vs. Allies - USA, Israel, Russia. Yeah, sounds a bit weird, but hey, you have to divide the teams somehow..:)

Last time Allies tried to soften the defenses for a major landing force, but failed to secure the Elephant battery that has some rocket installations and prevents a larger force to be deployed in the region. Allies ran over the first position of NEU forces and eliminated a charismatic general Arnold Meyer. In the meantime, we had a fight in Rijeka that was an attempt to clear the eastern flank of NEU forces, which was successful, so we prevented a counterattack. It was a question of hour when will the Allies make an attempt on the Elephant battery.

Btw, we were instructed to roleplay at least a bit, so when hit, we were screaming, asked for a preacher etc..:P

Zitat
Honored officers and soldiers,

the situation is not good. Latest intel confirmed a bad situation for Russian and our forces in northwestern Balkans. European forces defended the Elephant position, and we just learned that NEU forces, weaker but still formidable, are digging in on our eastern flank again. Fortunately, our primary objective on the first day of operations, the Catherine base was successfully conquered and Arnold Meyer eliminated. Our stozer wants (and Russians support the idea) is to eliminate all NEU forces on the eastern flank and circling of the Elephant position.

1) Allied forces in the south had some great advancements, and NEU command is moving forces in better defensive positions. A part of those forces approached our eastern positions and we believe they were stunned with the situation they found in the Catherine base, as we were when we saw them. We will have to clear the eastern flank again to ensure our vicotry on the Elephant position.

2) After we secure the eastern flank, we're making another attempt on the Elephant position which has to be captured this time. It has a rocket installation that prevents any major Allied and Russian air deployment in northwestern Balkans. When we capture the Elephant battery, the forces must proceed to the Laibach fortress and eliminate any remaining NEU resistance in the area. In case the Elephant battery is captured, Allied forces have to guard it while the installation is being shut down, and that will take around 1 hour. In that time, we expect desperate NEU attempts to recapture the battery.

3) Fortress Laibach is the only important garrison, except Elephant, in the area of our deployment. The brass expects a difficult approach to the Laibach position and we have to be ready for ambushes and sniper attacks. The fortress is in good condition and hard to breach, so we will have to encircle the NEU forces to ensure victory. If the fort is not taken by 19:00 local time, our orders are to prepare our own defensive positions because of NEU reinforcements coming from the north.

Gentlemen, the situation is difficult, but we must not doubt in our victory. NEU forces have low morale and Elephant defenses are wekened with the previous attempt. If we manage to conquer last positions, NEU forces will have a hard time trying to regain the lost territory. We're so close to victory on the beaches of Europe, let's not waste the chance.

General of the Army, Peter M. Bradley

All the teams received deployment orders, via regular mail, from their generals:

The eastern flank was the house on the east, Elephant is in the middle, and Laibach is on the left. Respawns moved as we progressed with the scenario.

We arrived to Pula on Sat, around 9 PM and the party already started. We had a concert and sleeping organized in one of Austro-Hungarian forts around Pula (there must be hundereds of those arount the town, stupid Austrians..:P). I won't post any photos of the party, because I don't want to spoil the fun... you'll have to come and see it for yourself one day..:)

Sunday, 7 AM, we arrived at the location, in front of an old military base to get ready for the fight that starts at 8 AM, but most of teams were late because of the all night partying, so we moved the start to 9 AM..:)

Allied forces

NEU forces

Our first skirmish happened on the gates to the part of the base where NEU forces were gathering for a flanking move

Ok, so we breached the first line and went in, there was some CQB and a lot of smoke nades...:)

We managed to break the position after 2 or 3 hours, and we took a short break to heal our wounded and decide what to do next

After that, we continued to walk on the coast to get to the road to Elephant, but as we were too relaxed we got ambushed from the surrounding buildings and that disrupted our first attack, and we had to reorganize once again.

The Elephant position was well defended, and Allies had some coordination problems in the attacks, and the terrain was a bit different this time. We weren't on the coast, the positions was uphill and it was mostly pine trees and random dense vegetation that made a quick and silent approach too difficult. We never managed to break the defenses, and the game stopped at 5 pm. But just a couple of minutes before that we (three Russians with support from an US machinegunner) managed to destroy the MG nest that was raping us. Too bad that happened too late.

Alltogether, it was an awesome game... We had no need for the mods, only one guy played unfair (never called a hit), but we dealt with it quickly. Constant action, running and interesting missions and loactions. I was a dedicated engineer ( i had to cut thru wires that were put to slow us down, and had some BOOM making thingies..:) ) and had a lot of fun. i was hit a couple of times, but got some nice kills too. I just reworked my internals on the AK before this fight, so I was afraid something will fail, but it worked awesome, yay..:)

And some of our guys scored some:

Offline (Snake)

• Барсы
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
    • Profil anzeigen
Re:Report: Festung Europa 31.10.2010. - PIC HEAVY
« Antwort #1 am: 13:51, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
Wow!  :)

Great pics and even greater MilSim-idea you run there, ...the place is ideal, right next to the sea, marvelouse, ...i am impressed.  8)
Давай за вас, давай за нас
И за десант и за спецназ!

Offline Aichi

• Genosse
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 31
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 15:07, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
PULA, k.u.k. Navy Harbor :D

looks great and not "so" far away from Austria

Offline PARANOiA

• Прапорщик
  • Thank You
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 15:42, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
The game was invite only, limited only to themed teams... So there were no AKs with magpul s*it on them, no G36s combined with MARPAT etc.

aaah nice, my eyes bleeds everytime when i see some of those bastardized guns^^

The scenario:
So the teams are as follows: NEU (Neu Europa) forces - Germans, Italians, Brits vs. Allies - USA, Israel, Russia. Yeah, sounds a bit weird, but hey, you have to divide the teams somehow..:)

this teamcombination sounds very interesting!

how can we get an invite for future games?
« Letzte Änderung: 15:44, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 von PARANOiA »

Offline khumche

• Genosse
  • Thank You
  • AU Pravda, Zagreb
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: 15:57, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
I tried to squeeze you guys in for this one, but they decided not to invite foreign teams this time.
My team is going to organize a game that's continuing this scenario, but on another front (parallel storyline) in April or so, and I'll let you know.

And for some random big games, when I find something that's not total trash, I'll yell..:)

Offline Jay

• Капитан
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 227
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Airsoftclub Eisenstadt
« Antwort #5 am: 18:07, Fr 05. Nov. 2010 »
Thanks a lot for the detailed Report and the great pics! You really made my day and wanting me even more to attend a game of yours :)